Well, i have received many helpful replies both publicly here and in private
emails.  Thanks to all for those ideas brought forward.

What I've gleaned to be most useful from your responses has been the
suggestions to investigate the power cord with power poles connecting the K3
to my switching power supply.  Per those inputs I've fabricated a shorter
(5') cable and insured that I used the crimp terminals rated at 30 AMPS.
The initial result has been a reduction of about 30% of my measured voltage
drop (now 13.6 Volts in standby to 12.5V when key down 100W CW........
previously the drop was to 12.0)...............  Some background info. is
that the original observation of a voltage drop occurred as the K3 was
connected to my minimal-sized Solar Power supply.  After extensive
investigation, additional hardening in the wiring, and replacement of a
suspect imported power distribution strip, I was convinced there was no
voltage drop evidenced there.  The battery voltage measured at the input to
the referenced DC power distribution strip did not waver under key down
tests with the attached K3............. There remained however, the
above-mentioned voltage drop displayed in the K3 metering.

i plan to rebuild the afore-mentioned 5' power cable, this time soldering
the power pole lugs rather than trusting crimped connections.  My suspicion
that the power cable is suspect, so i plan to address those curiosities
before moving on to other possible cause.

Thanks again for your continued ideas and suggestions.
Regards,
Mike, K5MP

--
Sent from: http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/