Thanks all for your perspectives and the info on the audio chain is very
informative and hadn’t really thought of that one. Simplistically I thought the
audio on all three would be similar but now I know.

I have a K2/100 I built and maybe like all K2 owners have a fondness for it and
would like to see it used more.

I’m sitting in Houston airport waiting for my flight to Costa Rica with two
KX3/PX3 combos which we will use for this contest but its a bundle of gear to
tire together especially when you add laptops, KXPA100 and my home brew SO2R
box that all in all makes the K2/100 attractive albeit minus the panadpter.

Having a panadpter does help in a contest and retrofitting one to a K2 either
via an IF tap or an external SDRPlay type solution probably enters the
comparison at some level.

Keep the comments coming!

Paul Gacek
W6PNG/M0SNA