All,

I have been using the KPA500/KAT500 combo with an IC-7300 and an IC-7100 for
around a year now. They are cabled and configured as per the Elecraft device
manuals. The cabling is identical for the two transmitters (actually, I use
the same 2 cables for both). All has been working properly with both radios
until very recently. The amp and the tuner continue to behave properly with
the 7300. The KAT500 continues to work perfectly with the 7100, however the
KPA500 no longer band switches when I change bands on the 7100 and key up.
In addition, the amplifier will not key. The 7100 still can put out full
power with the KAT500 in line. I have not changed any setting in any of the
3 devices to my knowledge. It is like the KPA500 has become deaf to the
IC-7100.

After switching back and forth and looking at all device settings, I am
baffled at this point! Is there anything in the way of rig to amplifier line
signals that could inhibit band switching by the amplifier but not by the
antenna tuner?

Thanks for your thoughts.

KD4IZ

Jack Spitznagel