And with my P3 or SDR when one closely examines a signal, the evidence of
improper ALC usage or ALC overshoot is very prominent with many signals.

The sad thing is that it can be corrected with proper settings and usage.
There is no need to occupy 10kHz of the band. And just listening to a signal
usually doesn't disclose this nasty artifact.

Bob, K4TAX

Sent from my iPhone