Do you have the latest FW in your K3S?

On 3/14/2019 3:36 PM, Brian Pietrzyk (ve3bwp) wrote:
I read through the archive and found no mention of this issue:

I just got a k-Pod and a K3s and am wanting to program Function keys but the
tap assignments don’t seem to work. The hold ones seem to.

I am referring to table 11-3 / p 235 in the Fred Kady K3s pdf ebook.

The table says tap F1-F8 should map to K3 Macros 9-16, Hold F1-F8 should map to
K3 Macros 1-8.

I assigned F1 Tap to VFO FINE and Hold F1 to VFO Course. By putting SWT49; and
SWH49; commands in Macro 1 & 9 lines respectively and this works as expected.

For F2 TAP I just want to toggle NR on/off. So I put SWT34; into Macro 10. When
I tap F2 nothing happens and VFO B displays MACRO 1. So I put SWT34; into MACRO
2 and Hold F2 works as expected. NR toggles on/off and VFO B displays MACRO 2
as expected when I hold F2. Not sure why Tap F2 acting this way?

I have the same issue with F3 & F4. I assigned BAND ^ and BAND v to tap and nothing
happens and VFO B display MACRO 1. Hold F3&4 Works fine.

So essentially I can only get Tap F1 to work. I have to Hold the get the rest
of the function keys to work. I tried reloading the firmware into the Kpod and
no change. Did I get a defective KPOD?

Thanks,

Brian ve3bwp