Dan,

In my opinion, that fuse block will be difficult for an amateur without at least some limited sight. First you have to use a screwdriver to pry out the block. Inserting the fuses might possibly be done using only tactile sensation, but inserting the fuse block the right way up so the proper voltage is shown in the window would be difficult without sight.

If you can get the assistance of someone who has normal sight, the procedure is shown on pages 5 and 6 of the KPA500. It is not difficult.

I am not certain why the fuses are not installed before shipment, but I always assumed it was because different fuses are used for 120 volt and 240 volt operation, and the operator is forced to make that 120 or 240 volt decision before he can apply power and possibly damage the amplifier if the wrong one is selected.

73,
Don W3FPR