From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> on
behalf of n...@n1ix.com <n...@n1ix.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2019 1:33 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] Problem with new KAT500

I just received a new factory built KAT500 a few days ago.

I am using it with my K3 and KPA500 cabled with (2) E850463 Aux interface
cables as in Figure 1 on page 5 of the KAT500 manual.

I have recently updated the firmware on both the K3 and KPA500.

I am running about 250W on FT8. The K3 output is about 12W.

My problem is in "auto" mode. The tuner suddenly tries to tune, searching
for a solution when it doesn't require tuning. This is without any change in
frequency.

This causes the amplifier keying to be disabled. There are no fault
conditions on either the tuner or the amp.

This occurs on any of my antennas including a Steppir that has a 1.2 SWR
without the tuner.

Everything is fine in "manual" mode.

I have read and reread the manual and don't see anything that I am doing
incorrectly.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

73

Dave N1IX