Thaddeus sits down at the rig. Today is the day Bouvet is supposed to come on
the air, and thousands of hams around the world must be tuning around at this
moment trying to be the first to work the DXpedition.

He gets a feeling and tunes low in the band, turning the knob as if he were
breaking into a safe. His intuition pays off: he hears a weak signal tuning up,
and then... a callsign. It's Bouvet! Instant rush. Instant clammy hands. He
reaches to tap the Split button on his fancy new rig's touch screen. He taps
again. The screen does nothing. Oh no, not now, touch screen. Please recognize
my finger... please! Bouvet turns it over, but nobody has heard them yet, so
Bouvet calls again, and while Thaddeus is tapping frantically, time slows down,
four seconds feel like four hours, and still the dim-witted screen does nothing
as Thaddeus begins all the usual finger gymnastics that people do when they're
trying to make their device understand that they in fact want it to do
something. The radio sits there stupidly, the DX stops calling, and then the
pileup mayhem begins. Thaddeus sits there, stupefied, wondering why those &#^+!
engineers at Elecraft decided to put a $@_% touch screen on an otherwise
perfectly good radio.

For this reason, I will never buy a radio with a touch screen. Ain't gonna do
it. So Elecraft, you've been put on notice.

Thank you,

AlĀ  W6LX