If Elecraft had a rig that was an update to the K2 (same size box with no jacks
on the sides, and all in one box unlike the KX3+KXPA100) with the following
features, I'd be interested. I find the form factor of the K2 ideal for a rig
that wears many different hats in the shack and portable.

(1) 6 metres included at 100 W level in the single box
(2) 100 watt capability at ~50% duty cycle all day, suitable for RTTY, FT8,
MSK144, etc. (optional external fan?)
(3) More reliable headphone jack
(4) Eliminate the nasty stray-RF sensitivity of the XV60 transmit output
(simple firmware or hardware mods would do it)
(5) USB control and audio interface

Other desirable features (in no particular order) would be

(6) tuning knob without the sharp edges and with a dimple
(7) reduced audio hiss at CW bandwidths, without sacrificing bandwidth on SSB
and digital modes
(8) DSP filtering of some sort (no longer available for the K2)
(9) QRP or 100 watt versions available as now
(10) support for a few more transverter bands than the K2
(11) optional internal transverters for 2m (and higher?) in the QRP top
(12) more strip-proof threads when changing tops.
(13) improved phase noise (I have had no issues but some European VHFers find
it too high with transverters)
(14) GPS option for high frequency accuracy, perhaps with 10 MHz output for
transverters, and time output for computer
(15) general coverage receive
(16) AM (at least receiving) and FM capability
(17) Eliminate the strong 10m birdie from the KPA100 HV supply

It would be good to keep many characteristics of the K2, such as

(15) low power consumption
(16) wide power supply voltage range
(17) reasonably good receiver strong signal performance without spending the
money needed to be state-of-the-art
(18) keyer speed knob on front panel
(19) configurable with options as each user requires

Kind of somewhere between an IC-7300 and a TS-590SG as far as ham-band
capabilities are concerned but with the flexible configuration of the K2 and
properly Elecraft-style thought-out details like no transmit spikes, proper
timing of transmissions versus amp/transverter key output, etc.  And much
cheaper than the K3S (somehow!).

73,
Steve VE3SMA