Hey gang.

Just double checking my setup.  I'm using a PK-232sc+ for sound card modes,
FSK RTTY, CW, and PACTOR with my K3s.  I recently added the K144XV and since
everything is already hooked up, I tried sending packet.  After tweaking the
AFSK control on the PK for proper deviation and proper ALC, I gave it a shot
to the local BBS and it works great!  Hit a Winlink gateway or two and used
a digipeater for a few more - worked great.

My question, is there a "mode" setting to do what I am doing, or will I need
to change the MIC input to Line-In every time I want to do FM packet instead
of FM voice?  Currently that's the only way to make it work.  On SSB,
changing to data opens the Line-In for data.  Just curious for FM.

BTW:  It is interesting to see the open carrier waveform on the P3 of
various 2 meter FM repeaters.  Some look "clean" in my opinion and some look
"dirty" with no voice modulation even though the dead air sounds the same.

I enjoy my K3s setup more every time I use it!

Hank

K4HYJ