I have been having unusual transmit issues
with 160M, SWR issues I have long thought
was antenna related.

Last night I found when transmitting on
160 the SWR on the LP-100 suddenly showed
9.1 and the same with the remote sensor
for the P3 but no output shown on the P3
wattmeter. I connected a dummy to the amp,
same issue. attached it to the back of the
K3s & the same issue with the autotuner
unable to get a good match (HIGH SWR).

This was only on 160, all other bands were
fine.

I pulled a KAT3 from my backup K3 and all
now works well, 160M had what showed as a
beautiful SWR & the amp was very happy
showing a 1.2 SWR

Before I call Elecraft & take up their
tech time on a phone call, is there
anything I might check on this KAT3A
regarding a 160 failure before starting a
RMA? The 160 toroid looks fine and no
obvious issues show to inspection.

thanks & 73,

Gary