And, the outcome of the conversation was???

73,
Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County

On 4/15/2019 5:22 PM, CUTTER DAVID via Elecraft wrote:
I had a nice chat with Eric talking about remoting the P3
David G3UNA
On 15 April 2019 at 23:01 Barry Baines via Elecraft <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
wrote:

Bill:

On Apr 15, 2019, at 12:18 AM, Bill Frantz <fra...@pwpconsult.com> wrote:

No. There were the usual show special deals and the KPA1500 was emphasized. The
whole conference, including the vendor area, was fairly low key, with nothing
new and earth shattering.
Out of curiosity. did Flex Radio Systems tout their new SmartSDR v3,0.19
featuring “multiFlex” that allows two operators to share one Flex-6xxx series
transceiver (or one operator use two devices such as a laptop with SmartSDR and
a Maestro connected to the same transceiver at the same time)?  Given the focus
on DX and contesting at Visalia, I’m wondering what the crowd reaction might
have been to this newly released capability?

I suspect that while this is a technical achievement, non-contest users are
being challenged to determine how exactly multiFLEX works and what advantages
it brings to their operating experience.  However, there appears to be
significant benefits to multi operator contest stations as well as single
operator two radio (SO2R) setups, reducing the number of transceivers and
associated control boxes/cabling while allowing both two operations using the
same transceiver to share the same antenna.

I also suspect that what is driving Flex’s focus on the needs of contest operations
is that contest stations spend ‘real money’ on equipment and software to enhance
their competitive advantage. It’ll be interesting to see whether the evolution of
technology by Flex using SDR will translate to tangible benefits for the "rest
of us” as well as whether other equipment manufacturers respond to these technical
enhancements.

73,
Barry, WD4ASW

73 Bill AE6JV