I set up FreeDV once, but it was a while ago. It is exactly the same as setting
up any digital mode for radio connections. The difference is that you also need
to hook up a headset (or mic and speakers) for the operator. Get the radio side
set up first using test tones.

wunder
K6WRU
Walter Underwood