Tightening inside PL259's with pliers is not desirable, because each Hams
definition of "SNUG" occurs at different Torque levels.
I want to use my hands to screw them on and off.

Also, when you have SO239 chassis mounted "Round" connectors (using one
large lock washer), then pliers will loosen them every time.

What I do is, treat each connector center pin and threads with Caig DeOxit.
I do this on all connectors.
Now I can put them on and off by hand and there is no Oxidation causing High
Impedance RF connections.

I do the same on my outside connectors BUT I do also apply 2 inch lbs. of
torque.
This keeps them from working loose with vibration and prevents oxidation.

Ron Durie
WB4OOA
Elecraft K-Line
704-843-3681