My Windows 10 woke up today with dead audio output.

It took awhile for me to see the X next to the speaker logo.
(If this is already known, sorry I didn't see it, otherwise here we go:)
After coffee I found (by Google search) the solution.
"With auto updates Win 10 has a flaw ONLY on SOME computers."
My Win 10 equipped faithful HP-15 had it.

This simple update solved it.
here    http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4468550
I used the NON server second offering:

Update for Windows 10 1709, Windows 10 1803 and Windows 10 1809 for
x64-based Systems (KB4468550) Windows 10 Critical Updates 10/26/2018 n/a 37
KB
 Push DOWNLOAD, then reboot.

Of course I forgot to reboot for awhile. My second cup of coffee woke me up
and then I did reboot. Now it works.
The hint is the X on the spkr. logo at the bottom of the page.

(Grateful Elecraft addict, in Thailand with my new KX-3 (hiding right
behind my K2)
using a 160 mtr. full sized VERTICAL dipole hung from the side of a 38
floor Condo,twinlead fed using sections of chopsticks). Must be 250-350
feet up there on the West side. Here for three months,still have not rcvd
reciprocal license.
====

--
Pete / พีท / W6LAW