Also, the PX3 utility can't talk to the PX3 using "Test Communications". The path through the PX3 to the KX3 works.

73 Bill AE6JV

On 5/5/19 at 7:33 PM, fra...@pwpconsult.com (Bill Frantz) wrote:

I think these problems are chronic, and have been occurring off and on for at least a year. (I've been ignoring them because for most of the time I use my K3 and P3, or I'm operating FT8 and the PX3 doesn't matter. Also, I'm lazy.)

Vertical smearing. It acts as if once a signal is displayed on the waterfall, it is displayed on every subsequent line of the waterfall. Everything is blurry as well. It seems to go away if I change bands on the KX3.

Horizontal smearing. It acts as if the signals on the waterfall are being modulated by a weak signal so the they get wider. This widening makes a CW signal about 3 times wider. This issue comes and goes with no obvious cause/relation to other things.

Any thoughts? Any fixes?

73 Bill AE6JV