K3 (with the S-mods) and K3S are still strong going and competitive superhets if you have all the necessary filters and use the items in the menuĀ  (like AGC-settings etc). It's fast, no delays, easy to use, the panadapterdisplay is already on my computerscreen (don't need a P3 for that) and integrated with mouse control etc. People who use my K3 during a contest are still impressed how smooth the K3 operates in every mode, and how good a receiver it has. Only thing I would like myself is an different noise reduction algorithm. To get there, you probably need new 'infrastucture' like direct digital conversion and full SDR. That's a dicision for the makers.

But please for the K3 (this is for Wayne), could you find the time to compensate the S-meter for pre-amp2?

73 all,

Arie PA3A
(S-modded K3 #1255)