From: Wayne Burdick (n...@elecraft.com)
Date: 05/13/19 20:57
To: Mike Parkes (mspma...@gmail.com)
Cc: Elecraft Reflector (elecraft@mailman.qth.net)
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] AXE1 extender?

Hi Mike,

> There was some discussion here about a possible extender add-on for the AX1
> antenna to allow operation on 40 meters, called the AXE1. Is that still in
> development?

Yes. As an excuse to get out of the lab and enjoy the great WX, we've been
hiking all over the place testing the prototypes on both 40 and 30 meters.

The AXE1 is quite rugged. It's exactly the same length as the other two parts
of the AX1 whip. All three easily fit into our smallest KX2 bag (the CS40)
along with the supplied ground radials, a KXPD2 keyer paddle, earbud-mic,
logbook, etc.

We hope to have the AXE1 available in late summer.

73,
Wayne
N6KR