From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ,
Elecraft
Sent: 22 May 2019 17:19
To: Nr4c; elecraft
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Fwd: K4 Questions

Hi Bill,

Answers below each of your questions below.

73,
Eric
/elecraft.com/
====

On 5/21/2019 7:21 PM, Nr4c wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am just about to drop a down payment on a K4 transceiver, but first I
have a few questions.

> 1- does the K4 come with the ATU included?  Why is there a KAT4 on the
pre-order list.

Like on most of our radios, the KAT4 ATU is optional and can be added at any
time. This allows those using the K4 full time via an external amp with ATU
and external antenna switching to lower their cost.  This also applies to
those who are dedicating a K4 as an IF radio for VHF/UHF/Microwave.

 > 2- how many USB ports on front panel?

The K4 has one USB-A on the front, two USB-A on the rear.  If more inputs
are
needed, an external USB hub can be used on any of these.
Mouse, Keyboard, Flash Drive etc can be plugged into these ports.

The K4 also has  one USB-B on the rear (with internal sound card and mutiple

comm ports like the K3S).
>>> 3- how many SO-239 connectors on rear of K4?  Photo shows 4 but I wonder
if that’s the rear of a K4 or K4D?
All three K4 versions start with one SO-239 for Hf-6M.  Three total when the

KAT4 is added.
There is a 4th rear position for an antenna connector when a future planned
VHF/UHF dual-band internal module is released later next year. That will
accommodate a SO-239 or type N socket.
>>> 4- is there I/Q output for either or both VFOs?
Yes, over Ethernet.
>>> 5- if I plop down $1500 on a K4 today, can I send the other $2500 prior
to start of shipping and get moved to the 1st shipping group? Or is that a
limited time offer?
As long as we have not filled it up, we'll move you up to the 1st shipping
group.  We'll post when the first group is full, which will happen soon.