The KPA1500 uses a more aggressive fan speed table for 6M, versus the lower HF bands. In general there is more immediate component heating on 6M for a given power (especially in the LPF and other areas outside of the PA transistors), so we start the fans at a lower heatsink temp.

Also, when using very high dissipation modes like FT8 and JT65 on 6M at 1000-1500 W, we strongly recommend setting the minimum fan speed to at least 1 or 2.

73,
Eric
/elecraft.com/
====