With ergonomics & my 68 years, I prefer
commonly utilized "objects" be closer to
the table top level. I rarely use the
offset but do often use the VFO B when in
a pileup and I want to move away from
someone who just started calling on my
calling frequency. For me, with the K4, I
would much rather see the offset knob be
exchanged with the now higher, VFO B as it
will require me to lift my arm & wrist
where if it were at the bottom, I could
maintain the same ergonomic position. In a
contest or long day at the radio, extra
motions become uncomfortable over time.

Maybe it's possible for the two knobs to
be optionally switched in the
configuration options?

20 years ago it wouldn't have mattered to
me either way. After an immortal youth
with Karate, motocross accidents & sports
injuries, time eventually does have its
way with us.

73,

Gary