The K1 is as remarkable as the K2, for its small rugged box, it’s a power house feature packed rig.

Gotta say its been in its case since I got the KX2. Remarkable rig.

Leroy AB7CE

-----Original Message----- From: Lane
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2019 7:50 PM
To: Fred Jensen
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K1 extinct?

Wow, I am really sad about that. After the K2 and a few K3's, I guess
I waited too long thinking parts for the 4 band version would
eventually be found. :(

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 8:58 PM Fred Jensen <k6...@foothill.net> wrote:

Yes, sad indeed, but predictable when the parts transmute to unobtainium
in shorter and shorter periods. Rich, NU6T, and I traded radios while
activating Leviathan Peak a number of years ago ... he ran my K2 for
awhile, I played with his K1.  I enjoyed my KX1 for all the years I had
it, it even went through the Panama Canal, but given the choice between
a KX1 and a K1, had I known, I've have gone for the K1.  Just an
incredible little, light, and fun QRP radio.

73,
Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County