Max,

I'm not necessarily set on using LP-Bridge, although it is suiting my needs.  As to its age, my logging program hasn't been updated in 12 years and it still works fine. I don't have a problem with the start up time, generally, the computer is on all of the time and my programs are all loaded.  I don't really care about CAT commands as long as 1) my logging program can read the K3 frequency and mode, 2)  SpectraVue can communicate with the K3 and vice versa, 3)  a couple of other programs can do the same.

I never said I was using Omni-rig with Win4K3, that I found necessary to run FT8 using LPB at someone's suggestion.

I find it a bit humorous to have you tell me that I didn't need to look at Device Manager since I got the idea by watching your video @29:30  (Yes, I did watch it and it was helpful).

I launch DXBase using a Windows task to avoid the UAC prompt.  I have a desktop shortcut that points to that task.  I can run that script in LPB to autostart DXBase but AFAIK it won't autostart in Win4K3.

Wes