Wes:
Yes but I assume you have have used or use other xcvrs as well.  As a general
comment, that doesn’t change the idea that using ALC to control a xcvr’s power
to one’s linear isn’t the purpose of ALC and would seem to not be a very
healthy practice.   If one were to choose that path, then one should be mindful
that the result acts much like compression.  In some cases, lots of compression!

Brian Denley
KB1VBF
Sent from my iPad