Your HF2-V will work fine as is on 15 meters. I usually mine rather than my Cushcraft R5 which also covers 15. The ground mounted Butternut does better for dx while the R5 maybe better for the US and South America.

By the way you can load your HF2v up on 20 and 17 meters with your tuners if you are using qrp. I wouldnt run high power or you might blow a capacitor. If you add the 30 meter add on kit to the HF2V you use that band as well. By the way you can also use the HF2v to work six meter e-skip.

73 de Dave, N0IT

----- Original Message ----- From: "JT Croteau" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "QRP-L" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Elecraft" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2006 1:25 PM
Subject: [QRP-L] What antenna should I build?

My only antenna currently here at the home QTH is an HF2V vertical
which does great for long haul DX on 40 and 80 but in general is not
good for local or regional work.  I just launched some monofilament
over the only high branch in my yard at 50'.

As I only have a single support, I'm looking at some suggestions on
constructing a multiband vee wire antenna but have limited materials
on hand and even more limited $$ to go out an buy stuff at the moment.

Here is what I have in the junk box:

75' of RG213
~30' of solid conductor commercial ladder line
~800' of 14ga stranded insulated THN wire
Assortment of dog-bone style insulators
Wide assortment of PVC and nuts/bolts

What can I do with the above and the internal tuner in my K1 without
going out and buying anything?  Ideally, I'd like something that will
load well on 80/40/30/20/15 but will settle for 40-15.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

--
JT Croteau - W6FO - Canton, GA | K1 #292
ARS #2,147 | NoGA-QRP | SEDXC | ARRL