Try plugging the device into a different USB port, preferably a port using a different USB controller on your computer. (For example, if the device is plugged into a USB 2.0 port, try a USB 3.0 port, or vice versa). Wait a few seconds and with luck you may see a quick popup message saying that Windows has loaded the driver and the device is ready for use.

I had a similar problem a couple of days ago on my Windows 10 Pro computer. The external USB audio device I use for data comm showed up fine in Device Manager and all the drivers showed as current and working.  Yet, WSJT-X and other software triggered a popup message that they couldn't connect to the device. Switching ports fixed it.  After that, I put the device back on its original port and the "loading driver" message popped up again and its working fine where it was.

If my suggestion doesn't work, you may need to uninstall and install again.  I wanted to avoid that because my external device also operates four USB-to-RS232 comm ports and they are always a pain to reload and fix the comm port assignments.

73,
Steve W4FMD