See "ATU Mode switch" in the KPA1500 Utility "Edit Configuration" dialog and
in KPA1500 Utility Help for the Edit Configuration tab.

73 de Dick, K6KR

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Ray Spreadbury via Elecraft
Sent: Monday, September 9, 2019 09:23
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] KPA1500 ATU Memories

In my station  I have a SteppIR yagi for 20M - 6M, a rotatable Optibeam
dipole for 30M & 40M and a wire dipole for 80m &160M. The SteppIR & Optibeam
are both resonant antennas & I use the KPA1500 in ATU Bypass.

However I need the  ATU for the 80M wire dipole when moving from the CW end
to the SSB end of the band or for using the dipole on 160M.

A single output coax runs from the amplifier to an auto antenna switch
(using BCD codes) at the base of the mast.

The KPA1500 does not seem to remember which bands the ATU is in Bypass mode
& which bands are in ATU Tune mode.

If I forget to change the ATU setting in the heat of a Contest, the amp
switches into Standby with the Hard fault condition.

Can the KPA1500 ATU be made to remember whether the ATU is in Bypass or In
by band or have I just got to be more careful?

73 Ray G3XLG

delivered to d...@elecraft.com