Robert,

Check the voltage at KPA100 U1 pins 11 and 12. Then set the K2 secondary menu to PA ON and tap DISPLAY. You should see Fan NOR, Fan LO-HI, then Fan HI with subsequent taps.

With FAN NOR and the KPA100 quite cool, both U1 pins 11 and 12 should be at 12 volts. With FAN LO-HI, U1 pin 12 should go to near zero volts and the fan should run at low speed. Pin 11 voltage will drop a bit, but should be higher than 5 volts. With FAN HI, the voltage at pin 11 should drop to near zero and the fan should go to high speed.

Now if the fan did not start at the LO speed, put a resistor in parallel with R31 - I would suggest starting with 1k and then going to a lower value if it still does not start. Some fans need a bit more current to start.

After all that, put the fan back to NOR and then let the KPA100 and K2 return to room temperature with no power on (about 1/2 hour). Measure your room temperature and convert to degC if your thermometer does not have a C scale. Turn the K2 on and do CAL PA TEMP - set the value at your room temperature in degC.

73,
Don W3FPR