Walter,

If you have specific SWL bands you'd like to listen to that are at 6 MHz or
above, you can use the KX2's transverter band display feature for this purpose.
They'll appear as bands "XVTR 1" etc. above the regular bands as you cycle
through them with the BAND switch.

For example, suppose you wanted an SWL band covering approximately 6 to 8 MHz.
Set up MENU:XV1 ON = YES, MENU:XV1 RF to 7, and MENU:XV1 IF to 7. This creates
a virtual band display with an "IF" of 7 MHz. Since the "RF" is also specified
as 7 MHz, the difference between the two will be 0. Just use BAND to select
"XVTR 1" to tune this range. This will not have any effect on the normal 40
meter band settings.

This technique is limited to bands close to those offered as IF selections (7,
14, 21, and 28 MHz).

The same trick will work on the KX3 and K3.

73,
Wayne
N6K