Bart,

Yes, mount C1 on the top of the board and 4.7 pf is fine.  The instructions
are updated more frequently than the schematics, so in case of disagreement,
follow the instructions.

With all Elecraft kits, the priority should be errata sheets first, manual
instructions second, and everything else after that.

73,
Don W3FPR