I said:
>>  QSK in the C22 is not as good as the K2.  The C22 gives thumps and
pops
>> in the headphones and speaker during QSK.  K2 is far smoother and
>> quieter.

Ron Replied:
> I am surprised! Ten Tec is known for QSK rigs.
> Perhaps some aging components are in need of service.

Well, it could be that.  Or maybe a prior owner modified the rig.  I
noticed the variable filter has a center freq that seems about 500 Hz
rather than the as-designed 750 Hz.  I'm thinking I'll open it up and
have a look around in the area of that circuit to see if there are any
changed components.

Still, the QSK on every TenTec rig I've had has been just a bit thumpy.
Argo 515 (sold it - stupid, stupid, stupid) , Argo 509, Omni D, Omni V,
Corsair II, Century 21 and now the Century 22.  All sweet rigs, all had
good QSK but each one was a bit on the thumpy side.  The Century 21 was
really bad.  Still they are far better than a non-QSK rig.

The K2 I find to generate less extraneous nose on TR switch than those
rigs, although it is not completely "clean" either.

I was actually quite happy with TenTec's QSK.  I'm even happier with
Elecraft's.  I'm getting' a hankerin' for a K1.

And YES, I am quite a bit older.  I had my first C22 in about 1987 or
1988.  Yikes.

- Keith KD1E -
- K2 5411 -