Hello Terry,

thanks for sharing your thoughts, i agree in many points.
My Elecraft experience begun a K2 i bought used, in perfect condition and full optionals. I am still in love with that K2 and is still my favourite radio from Elecraft, because for me...
The K2 is the perfect incarnation of the Elecraft philosophy:
1- Is a kit
2- Is for everyone
3- Is complete
4- IS well documented and supported (from Elecraft and from the communities)
5- Is not a toy but a real radio
6- Is a killer in performance
7- Is a perfect CW machine !!!

Later i bought a KX3 and i discovered the little magic in it !
The KX3 is one of the fionest recevier i ever heard, the CW note is beautyfull, seems unbelievable for a so litlle rig. I was impressed by the total number of controls and functionalities they has been enable to insert in the KX3, nothing is missing, no compromises, wherever you are !

And in finally, just a year later that K3s comes on the market, i bought an initial small K-Line from friend (K3s + P3 + SP3).
I played a week everyday with the K3s and i fallen in love again !
I loved the CW audio, the keyer, the QSK, the selectivity, the rock solid frontend also during contest, the ergonomics, THE MACRO to automate some operations (this is one of the best invention in Elecraft, nobody else think before they to a solution like this). The macro get more power if in combo with a K-Pod, another nice invention. Moreover, macro are not only resident in the K3s but also in all the components of the K-Lines, so, with onliy one macro you can set parameters or do different actions on all the components of the
K-Line.

This is the magic in Elecraft and the advantages of a really integrated lines of accessories.
I just complete my K-Line with a KPA-500 and is a awesome.

I am sure the K4 will have the same effects on all his buyers, old Elecrafter will enjoy the new toy, new customer will become Elecrafter like many of us.

Despite are many years that i own different models of Elecraft gears, everyday i enjoy to use them, like the first day.

I am sure one of the proudest Elecraft here in Italy, ask to Eric for references, he have a good collections of my t-shirts Elecracft themed for Friedricshafen Ham Fest :-)

Welcome aboard guys !

Best 73's de Graziano IW2NOY

PS
Sorry if there are some error in my email, i am not mothertongue and i wrote this email in very short time listening to my hearth. See ya ;-)