However you work it, I tried something and
it worked/works perfectly with my K3 & K3s
(which has the off-brand metal knobs).

I took the felt washer and put the Teflon
plumbers tape on it, I wrapped it so the
felt is now unseen & the washer looks
"white" from the tape.

This allowed me to tighten the knob as I
wished, made the feel to be just as I
liked and best, there was zero sound as I
turn the knobs. It was for me, a perfect
solution to getting the feel and action,
just right.

73,

Gary
KA1J