I was a backer for the ReflowR computer controlled SMD hot plate a few
years ago. I had to cough up a little extra for shipping because the
creator munged up his figures and didn't leave enough for shipping, and was
selling the things on Tindie to build up cash to send units to his backers
-- which caused people to get really cheesed off at him. I did get my
ReflowR, however, one with built in Wi-Fi for control with an app, or it
has a bunch of preconfigured profiles in it for most reflow jobs. This was
before ovens like the one you got were available so cheap, so there's only
a LITTLE buyer's remorse.

It DOES work pretty well, though. Combined with my I-Extruder pen for
applying solder paste, it makes SMD work much easier. The I-Extruder can be
used as a vacuum pick-and-place tool as well, or for applying flux in
controlled amounts. Since I don't work a lot with SMD yet, I use it for
applying Amtech Tacky Flux (Thank you, Louis Rossmann!) to my thru-hole
components for good soldering with much less flux application mess.

I also have one of those cheap Chinese WEP hot air reflow stations. Cost me
$60 on Amazon, and it works like a champ. I use it primarily for
heat-shrink, though. Used with that marine-grade heat shrink that's lined
with hot glue, it's a total wizard's tool.

73,
Gwen, NG3P

--

-+-+-+-+-