David:

> On Nov 8, 2019, at 11:12 PM, DAVID INGEBRIGHT <davein...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> I have the KAT-500 Utility working fine through the serial cable and USB. Now
> to get it running over the internet on the RRC 1258. Using the RRC COM 2
> Port, the set up wants to know the serial protocol, The stop bits, the data
> bits and the parity. I see someone asked that back in 2014 but can't seem to
> find the answer. Cannot find this info in the KAT500 manual.

I’m using a Lantronics EDS4100 to convert serial-to-ethernet at the shack to
forward KAT500 serial data from the ham shack to my location.  I’m running
Win10 Pro under Parallels on a Macbook Pro running the KAT500 utility software
and Lantronics software to convert ethernet back to serial.  This allows the
Elecraft KAT500 utility where I am to ’see’ the KAT500 at the shack.

My EDS4100 has Com9 configured for RS232, 34800 baud, None, 8,1, None.  The
first “None” is for parity and the second “None” is for flow control.  As
noted, it is 8-bit, 1 stop bit, and no parity.

Hope this helps,

Barry Baines, WD4ASW
Keller, TX