My K3S has a bit of a slow power rise after any power change.  I wouldn't say
it takes a minute, but I was told this occurs as the power management system
makes adjustments. This is done in order to prevent ALC overshoot.

With the ATU bypassed I have my TUNE power set to 20 watts.  That is adequate
for my KAT500 and drives my KPA500 to rated output.  I don't think this affects
the K3S ATU tune power.

73
Bob, K4TAX

Sent from my iPhone