That is the "scorched earth" solution. Most of us have more than 1 sound
device on our systems and use them for different things. I prefer to leave
the system sounds where they belong and keep the other sounds where they
belong. And Win 10 makes it simple to do, but does sometimes rearrange
things on upgrades. But if you know how to access those settings it only
takes a few seconds to straighten them out.

On Sun, Dec 15, 2019, 08:21 K8TE <billama...@gmail.com> wrote:

> While pertinent, the solutions offered disregarded the symptom:  "Windows
> Sounds".  In Windows 10, hit the Windows key, type "Windows Sounds".  That
> should take offer to take you to the Sound Control Panel.  Select the tab
> named "Sounds".  Select the Sound Scheme "No Sounds"  That stops the
> Windows
> Sounds, not selecting the sound device.
>
> 73, Bill, K8TE
>

> --