Set at 4.75 it showed 12.9V
That is a 1.3 volt swing so it is worth setting properly.
Keith WE6R

On 12/26/2019 3:39 PM, Mike Flowers wrote:
Hi Keith,

Mine reads 4.96, so should it be set to 5.0 or left alone?

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net>
On Behalf Of Keith Trinity WE6R
Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2019 15:25
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 - Power cable voltage drop

Notes for all;
Check the K3 config menu item "ADC REF".   If at 5.00 it is probably at
default.
(if at 4.00 a glitch occurred, probably during FW update, and will FUBAR
the
internal metering. Set to 5.00 or read on).
(I check this during checkout, so if it has been in for Service, it should
be OK).
Higher accuracy of the K3 items like the internal Volt-Meter can be had if
this is
set properly.
With a known external meter on Pin 2 to ground of the 15 pin ACCY
connector;
Go into config menu ADC REF and set it.

Also you can stick your probes into the Anderson connectors at the back of
the
radio during full power TX to see the actual voltage to the radio.
(I have a digital LED meter connected  with small wires to the Anderson
supply
wire right at the back of the radio on my K3 test bench).
Keith WE6R

Message
delivered to mike.flow...@gmail.com