From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Wayne Burdick
Sent: 30 December 2019 16:39
To: Elecraft Reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] CW skimmer

The K4 has sufficient internal horsepower to run advanced software
applications; that's one major reason we included a general-purpose
processor. However, all third party applications will require modification
to run in the K4 environment, and they'll be vetting by our staff before
being made available as an in-box app.

While there's no reason we couldn't run Skimmer, I can't say at this time
whether we'd choose to port this application to the K4. But I can say the K4
will be continuously updated to meet user needs.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

> On Dec 29, 2019, at 8:18 AM, Don Wilhelm <donw...@embarqmail.com> wrote:
>
> Morgan,
>
> The K4 (any version) will not run software apps like Skimmer, you will
need to run that on your shack computer.

> While the K4 does contain a processor and a version of an operating
system, it is used for dedicated K4 functions.
> I would compare it to my fileserver box which runs on a Linux version. I
can access it via a browser for setup operations, but I cannot load and run
any other applications on it, it is dedicated to performing its fileserver
tasks.

Message delivered to turnb...@net1.ie