W3LPL and other mentioned the PA temp and sagging power supply.

I didn't think to check the PA temp  until later (how much later, I don't
know),  If I remember correctly, it was 35C. In both cases, I was operating
in a contest (ARRL 160 and ARRL RTTY RU) with the RF power set to 100w

Sitting in front of the rig now (been powered for 15 or so minutes), the PA
is 26C.What did catch my eye was the voltage and current at the rig: 13.3v
& 1.2a in RX

I then keyed the radio, brought the power to 100w, it's a the voltage went
to 11.8v/17.9a and then shut down. The voltage went up to 13.3v/1.2a but
still no output. PA temp is 31C

I swapped power the Astron power supply for an Alinco DM-330MV switching
supply (1 ft power cable to the radio). I set the power supply so the radio
reads 14.5v. I also turned up the fan up to level 4 (it hadn't gone on
previously).. The radio read 14.5v/1.3A on RX. PA temp 22C, FP temp 30C in
RX

Still no TX output, although the radio went to 14.2v and 2.3a when I first
keyed the radio. It quickly ramps up to ~4.a and stays there until I unkey
it.

Any ideas as to what's going on?

73, Eric W3DQ