My K2 # 136 ~ a birthday present @ Hamvention in 1999 ~ was partially assembled that Spring; interrupted by a tenting vacation from Michigan to Seattle, and finished in the Fall.  Over the years I have enjoyed its operation and brought it to clubs and hamfests for "show & tell"

In 2010 I decided to add some modifications and was surprised how easy it was to take apart and do the changes.  These days is serves me faithfully as a bed-side station ~ even worked the Europeans on 3799 SSB at 10W to a dipole in the trees on our city lot; most recently last month . . . . after a nature call @ 08:00 UTC . . . ;-)

Regards, Jan K1ND  ~ amateur radio is my avocation, since 1954 ~