Ken,

That is a sign that something is amiss with the filter on the SSB board.
Check all the diodes and the toroid transformers.  Be certain the tiny RFCs
do not have any bare wire that is shorting to the crystal cases (slip a
piece of paper between the RFC and the xtal case to check).

On the RF Board, there is one other thing to check - C179 which is switched
in-circuit by Q25 only when the OP1 filter is selected - it should be 100
(101) pf.

73,
Don W3FPR