I’ve never found the K3 NR very useful. But this morning, I was trying to hear
VP8PJ on CW through a humongous wideband radar (or something) signal that was
running over S9. The IF NB didn’t do anything against it, and the DSP NB just
helped a little. I found that opening up the bandwidth to about 2.2 kHz and
setting the NR to F1-3 knocked the radar down enough that I could copy him!
Unfortunately, it didn’t make him able to hear me over the loud US pileup, but
I was surprised that the NR was so effective in this situation.

Victor 4X6GP