Good Evening,

   A few days ago I noticed a path through the trees which would let one leg of my antenna rise about ten feet.  Once I started it was more work than I had planned.  I had to drop the other antenna just to move the first one.  I was able to walk that leg out at right angles for about 100 feet until I could get it over a limb on the center tree.  I ran out of space before I could get it over any of the next higher limbs.  But it was about twenty feet higher near the center and wound up ten feet higher on the north end. Once that warmed me up I split wood for a while.

   Good thing I did that work because it started snowing last night and kept it up until noon.  Four inches of new snow later the antennas are easy to spot.  Each of them is a two inch cylinder of snow.  When they are covered like they are now I don't get out as well as usual.  Hopefully the wind will kick up tonight and clear them.  A high of 37 degrees is forecast for tomorrow so we should be fine.  The solar flux is below 70 again so propagation won't be very good.  During the last solar minimum we got by on the odd shot of solar wind now and then.  This time around the sun seems even more quiet.  Maybe my antenna work will make a difference.  Tomorrow we can find out.

Please join us on (or near):

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday (3 PM PDT Sunday)
  7047 kHz at 0000z Monday (5 PM PDT Sunday)

   73,
      Kevin. KD5ONS

_