Over the past few months I've been entering the hour-long CWT mini-contests
each Wednesday.  Four times post-contest I've gotten an email from stations
I've worked calling my attention to a problem with my CW.  It's not every
time... I've entered 20 of these contests this year, and average about 80
QSO's each time.  Also, outside of contest I always use a bug and always
get good reports.

The described symptoms vary... "sounds like maybe RF getting into it" and
"Dits and dahs run together" and "your tone is not the same as others" "the
weighting seems way off...didn't seem right in tone."

Currently I have the K3S connected to the shack PC via the USB interface,
with N1MM set for CW via DTR on the same port as rig control.

The shack PC is an i7 quad-core 4.2 GHz with SSD and 16 GB of RAM.  Lots of
horsepower.

I've added ferrites to both ends of the K3S-PC USB cable.

I've monitored my CW (both bug-sent and N1MM+) via some WebSDR's, and it
sounds ok to me.  I've tried adjusting the K3S CW-Weighting menu item but
monitoring that didn't seem to make any difference with the N1MM+ sent CW.

For now, I've ordered a K1EL Winkeyer to try to take the PC/interface out
of the CW generating chain based on reports that it prevents weighting and
bad CW timing issues from occurring.  I also ordered a USB cable with
built-in ferrites to go with it.  Hopefully that will solve the issue.

Has anyone here had a similar problem?  Any suggestions or hints?

Many thanks es 73 de Chuck, WS1L