On 4/23/2020 6:11 AM, Randy Farmer wrote:
I'm attempting to follow Jim's advice (see slides 91 through 113 in his Grounding and Audio presentation referenced below).

Hi Randy,

In my station, I use crimp lugs that fit under chassis screws. Stranded wire works fine. When bonding in a string between interconnected gear, strands can be removed to fit in the crimps. I use single connectors to a short length of wire at each chassis, then do the looped interconnection with the mating PowerPole. Inside the shack, I mostly use #12 stranded for bonding. Clipping a few strands from each, it's possible to fit two #12 wires in the largest (#10) PowerPole insert.

I've made up many hundreds of Power Pole cables of all sizes large and small, but I don't own a crimper for them. I crimp with needle-nose pliers and solder. There's a learning curve to making the insert fit. :)

I use PowerPoles in this application for two reasons. First, access to the rear of gear on my operating desk is difficult, because it's a shelf attached to the wall that supports it, and there are shelves both above and below that also hold gear. The shelves are held away from the wall a few inches so that cables can pass between them.

Second, some of my gear goes out into the field for FD, and for county and grid expeditions. The PowerPoles make that easier.

73, Jim K9YC