Hello Carter,

Every Heil headset that I know about has a mono microphone plug. If you plug it into the KX2 or KX3 mic jack, PTT will be activated unless you set MIC BTN to OFF - putting the radio into transmit.

See the KX2 manual page 20 for SSB operation. For the KX2, VOX MD must be set ON in the menu, or you can use the XMIT instead (tap on and tap off).

73,
Don W3FPR