Mike,

On my main PC, I use a StarTech USB sound dongle:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F7120TQ/
On my Chromebook, I used this device:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J7P0OGI/ but it's unavailable now.
Others have used the Sabrent USB audio dongle just fine. I have one, but I
haven't tried it because the others worked.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IRVQ0F8/

The key is that you need a USB sound dongle, and two 3.5mm TRS patch cables
to connect the dongle to your KX3's mic in and speaker out jacks. It's a
crossover connection -- the mike jack on the KX3 goes to the speaker out on
the dongle, and the speaker out on the KX3 goes to the mike in on the
dongle. If you've ever done any RS-232, it's like crossing over the TX and
RX lines. I use the shortest audio cables I can easily route, and get well
shielded ones of good quality. Don't cheap out on them and get 20 for $5
flat cable jumpers or something, get decent cables. That's to keep stray RF
from getting into your audio lines. You MIGHT have to add some clip-on
ferrites to them as well, depending on your grounding and bonding
situation, and whether or not you get RF in your shack from your antenna.
But that's a long and involved discussion that I STILL can't get through
without scratching my head.

The SignalLink will WORK...but it's basically just a very expensive
external sound dongle. The KX3 should have come with a USB to 3.5mm control
cable. That goes from the KX3 to the computer, so you can use CAT control
to key the radio. (Some people just use the VOX setting and skip the USB
interface cable. I use CAT because it works with my other programs better.)

Does that make any sense? I think I'm rambling a little...

73,
Gwen, NG3P