But when KPA500 Remote or KPA1500 Remote start up, you need to invoke the
Start Hosting Remote function to get them to listen for a remote
connection. It may be possible to automate that, but I don't know how. And
if you could automate it, note that these Remote apps power up the
amplifier as they start up, leaving it running. That's OK if you just
rebooted the server yourself. But if it's auto-booting, for example after
recovery from a power failure, it could leave the amp running for days
before you next sit down at your control site to operate. Maybe you don't
care, but I prefer to leave unattended amps powered down when not in use.
Or am I missing something?

73,

/Rick N6XI

On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 5:06 AM Lyn Norstad <l...@lnainc.com> wrote:

> Frank -
>
> I have both the KPA and KAT500 utilities set to do this, along with my
> browser (Chrome) set to QRZ.com on one of my Win 7 systems.  It works
> perfectly.
>
> How To Start a Windows 7 Program Automatically (quoted from "dummies")
>
> 1 Click Start→All Programs. ...
> 2 Right-click the Startup folder and click Open. ...
> 3 Right-click Start and choose Open Windows Explorer. ...
> 4 Locate the program you want to start when you start Windows, then drag
> into the Startup folder. ...
> 5 Click the Close button in the upper-right corner of both Explorer windows
> to close them.
> 6 Reboot.
>
> Note: This is not the same as "Pin To Start Menu."
>
> 73
> Lyn, W0LEN

Rick Tavan
Truckee and Saratoga, CA