Hello Tommy,

I just wanted to add. As a KX2 owner, if you did go with the KX2 you would
not be unsatisfied if your desires were to operate QRP on 10-80 meters and
planned to do portable work.  Otherwise I would tend to agree with the
others, the K3 is an excellent choice, I have used them in guest-op
situations for contesting many times and they are fantastic radios.  For
the record, I considered the KX3 for a long time but opted for the KX2
because at the time I thought I would be doing way more portable ops, using
it at home for QRP digital, some SSB and now adding CW into the mix I have
been very pleased with it, take that for what it is worth. Sherwood puts
the KX3 pretty high on the list, upgrading probably doesn't make sense for
me but for a home station starting with the KX3 probably makes a lot of
sense.

Cheers,